Contra Costa County Local Planning Council (LPC) for Child Care and Development
Improving the Quality of Early Childhood Programs in Contra Costa County
The mission of the Contra Costa County Local Planning Council for Childcare and Development is to promote quality childcare through community assessment, advocacy, resource development, and collaboration with other organizations.
Local Planning Council (LPC) Goals
The Local Child Care Planning Council (LPC), in partnership with public and private entities, works to improve child care and early education opportunities in Contra Costa County.
Our goals are to:
- ASSESS the County’s overall child care needs once every five years
- SUPPORT training and professional development of child care educators
- DEVELOP priorities for allocation of federal Child Care Grant funds
- COLLABORATE with community organizations & government agencies to provide families the best possible child care
- PREPARE countywide child care plan to mobilize public & private resources
- PROMOTE access to quality child care and development services
Contra Costa Comprehensive Child Care Plan 2013-2016
- Contra Costa County Child Care Needs Assessment 2012 Update – Full Report
- Economic Impact of Child Care Services in Contra Costa County - Full Report
- Profile of Child Care Needs in Contra Costa County 2006-2015
An Initiative Championed by the Contra Costa County Superintendent of Schools and endorsed by the LPC
Civility is a core value of a well functioning community and one of its defining components. Quality of life depends in great part on how community members treat each other. This initiative will promote the importance of civility in a world becoming less civil, and encourage community members to choose positive and respectful behaviors in their personal and work lives. read more...
The initiative is inspired by the work of Dr. P.M. Forni, author of Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct. Through a broad-based, collaborative effort, the goal is to transform Dr. Forni's concepts into a concrete plan that can be easily integrated into the culture of government, businesses, organizations, schools, neighborhoods, and families throughout the community.